Sunday, October 19, 2014

Packing for a 2D/1N Weekend Getaway


packing light 


While I believe that I still have not mastered the art of packing light, i'm pretty certain I have improved. :) I was able to cram my stuff in a backpack and a small shoulder bag. We were given a checklist of "must" brings 

Things to bring:
1. Clothes for adventure tour, swimming, night and return attire
2. Mesh / lunch kit, water bottle, spoon and fork
3. Flashlight, slipper, life jacket (if any), shades, sunblock, off lotions and toiletries 
4. Jacket, Blanket/Malong
5. Digicam/Videocam, Cellphone 

and adding 'a few' more items wouldn't hurt, right?


The contents: 


Backpack: 
2 pairs of swimmies 
2 cover ups 
1 sleepwear (socks, jammies & a long sleeved shirt) 
2 board shorts 
2 tank tops 
1 tshirt and a pair of shorts for going home 
1 jacket 
4 pairs of undies 
flip flops 
towel 
malong 
Vinyl mat for lining our tent or for lounging by the beach 
many trash bags (for waterproofing my things) 


shoulder bag: 
my toiletries, meds and vitamins (in a plastic microwavable container to waterproof them)
camera, cell phone, flashlight (in a plastic container, too/ziplock) 
wallet, candies, snacks sunglasses 
water bottle 


Needless to say, I was not able to use all of them.haha But i'm more than pleased when I didn't have a problem returning all of them in the bags when it was time to go home na. And I had more things since the clothes I wore when I left home were not light. I had denim shorts on and I decided to go home in slippers instead of the rubber shoes I was wearing the day before. It may be trivial but definitely an achievement for me. hahaha 



Disclaimer: this is not a tip, just my realization. :P 

Next Post: Dong Won Garden Korean Restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment