Saturday, October 18, 2014

Avon Pink War 2014: Walk & Run Against Breast Cancer



from Avon Philippines facebook page


It's the day! I'm really terrible at preparing for important things, that much I could say. I was (yet again) sleep deprived, having only managed to catch about 3 hours of sleep. The assembly time at SM MoA was 4:30. We wanted to at least get there by that time just so at least we could warm up before the gun start. Well, apparently that's a target set too high. (sigh)


I was already having coffee at McDonald's Cainta before 4 am, Jo and I were supposed to meet at 3:50 to catch a cab there and then pick up Vea along the way. The thing is, our girl is still on her way out of their subdivision, hence, the rush. To make the long story short, not only did we miss the assembly time, we arrived just in time for the 10K runners to start. There goes our warm up time, too, so we just managed a few stretches before we ran. Err, jog, hehehe.


We registered for the 5K race this time. Only because that's the shortest distance available, hah! And hey, we finished right? So we'll definitely be trying it out again, I think we're still a lot of bananas away from trying out 10K, though hehehe.



What were waiting for us after the run:


Zumba party with Regine Tolentino, Solenn Heussaff, Kris Bernal, and Rocco Nacino.


Top - with my office friends.
Bottom - with elementary/high school friends (tibay.hahaha)


Freebies!:




The Avon loot bag. The content of which could easily go over the registration fee. Sweet, eh? ^^



Vita Coco



Keychain at the Skechers booth. This booth is more popular than it's neighboring health check booth.


Soleus booth and a health consultation booth. 


I don't know why, but I think I wasn't as tired compared to my 3K Energen run. (yabang.hahaha) Well that's what I thought until I woke up from my supposedly short siesta which apparently took more than 6 hours. :-P I woke up at around 9 pm on Sunday feeling sore.


So there, reminders for myself: sleep WELL before the day of the run; leave early and have a proper warm up; and be consistent with my daily exercises.



Breakky with zeh girls at Adobo Connection. The downside: well they do serve hot coffee, it's just that this particular Sunday they're out of hot drinks. Our savior? The neighboring 711. ^^



* photo credits: Vea, because pics I took from my phone weren't clear enough :'( (I tinkered with my phone cam settings for a bit and I was only able to return it to how it should be just now. Yep, darn!)



No comments:

Post a Comment