Thursday, September 4, 2014

Gangnam Style Korean Restaurant

My friend who's pregnant has been egging us to go to a Korean restaurant for some time now (months actually). And because we're all busy people, we kept pushing it back until we can't anymore.hehe She has to go on maternity leave so we finally went. Yeah we're meanies like that, not satisfying her cravings until she's almost about to pop. heh!
I believe it was my fault that she had this particular place in mind. I've been there once and I built it up so well they're intrigued if it's as good as I said it was. So we went to Makati Ave last week, one very busy Friday night, to put my words to the test.

 


Gangnam Style Korean Restaurant is a casual dining place located at P. Burgos in Makati. It's near St. Peter and Paul Church so cabbies can easily find where it is. The place is small but what's important is the food.
Now the food...
 




We ordered Jeyuk Bokkeum - hot and spicy stir-fry pork dish, Samgyeopsal - grilled slices of pork belly, and Sundubu jjigae - a hot and spicy jiggae or Korean stew. Banchan, the side dishes, are free and they would refill it twice you just have to ask. They served kimchi which I got to try for the first time although I've already eaten Korean food before. (more on that later) We also had seaweeds with carrots when our banchan got refilled we just didn't have a picture of it.
 


Jeyuk Bekkeum P500, Samgyeopsal P280, and Sundubu Jjigae P250


Banchan: kimchi, green onion pajeon, and other veggies as side dishes.


We just ordered three dishes but we're already really full so we were hesitating when kuya approached us if we wanted Patbingsu for dessert. I'm a dessert person and was expecting that I could still make room for it but I doubt if I can stuff any more into my already more than satisfied tummy. And then kuya told us it's free, yes free! And who passes up on freebies? Definitely not us, eh? haha So we just asked for two servings of the Korean halo-halo. We wouldn't let food go to waste since we're already full up to our necks. :-P Plus, we had to do something while waiting for Pau's takeout anyway.
 



 Patbingsu - Korean halo - halo is free :)


To go: Ddeokbokki (spicy rice cakes) P300 with free banchan


A side story: after eating our fill (and more) we headed out and were waiting for a cab when Ate (should've asked for her name) came rushing after us. It turned out Shiela, in her haste to make it to her noraebang commitment, too left her phone inside. Their waiting staff is really commendable, right? :)
 


What we liked:
Clean place
Their food taste great and are cheaper compared to other Korean restos.
Their servers are attentive, polite, and honest.
The free patbingsu or drip coffee.
Oh, they have wi-fi, too! ^^

 


Others:
It could be cooler. The a/c was not cool enough but we were not really bothered by it so I won't say it's a minus.



Would I go back?
Definitely!





Gangnam Style Korean Restaurant
5739, B1 Won Rest, P Burgos Corner,
San Lucas, Poblacion, Makati City

10 AM to 5 AM 

No comments:

Post a Comment