Sunday, September 21, 2014

Weekend Project: DIY Hair Coloring using Glam Works Permanent Hair Dye Color in Light Brown



There's no one I can drag to a salon since my preggy sister shouldn't be getting treatments anymore. And Jessa, my other sister, had just got her mane colored auburn about three weeks ago by yours truly.haha 



Hair color guide. The darker your hair, the less obvious the color will become. 


The red on her won't show on my dark hair so I chose something lighter. I dropped by Watsons on my way to work to look for...nothing in particular.hehe I just like checking if there's a new mask I should try, new nail polish color, etc. And I normally would be carrying a couple of items I think are good enough to use when I leave. And in this particular trip, I chanced upon Glam Works. I was hesitant at first because the product's cheap. Even cheaper than the one I used on my sister's hair. I figured it wouldn't hurt if I give it a shot thinking that it's okay even if I couldn't get the light brown shade shown in the hair color guide. It's only for P49 anyway. 


As mentioned earlier, my hair is dark and has thick strands so I decided to get 2 packs. And now I wish I got a third one because my hair is also very long. Well, I'll worry about repairing it later. So now let's just see how it works. 



The pack contains the colorant and a pair of disposable gloves.


The instructions are pretty simple, too. 

1. Cut the Hair Dye color sachet and squeeze contents onto the gloved palm and mix.
2. Apply the mixture evenly on your slightly wet hair. Then massage your hair from roots to tips until it lathers. Avoid contact with eyes.
3. Keep it on your hair for 20 to 25 minutes. (I kept it on for 45 minutes.)
4. Spray some water once again and massage onto hair until it lathers. Rinse with cold water.



This was how my hair looked before the application. 


I still haven't taken a pic of the "after" look. I want it taken using natural lighting so i'll just update this post. Also, a friend was interested when I shared about what I've been up to so she will also be doing this to her hair. Same color, same number of sachets, only her hair is shorter. So we'll be able to compare results after a week or so. I told her that the application process was very simple plus the smell is so much milder compared to hair treatments in salons. It also didn't dry my hair so I did not hesitate recommending it.



It says in the pack that it could last up to eight weeks. Well, we'll have to wait and see. 



No comments:

Post a Comment