Monday, September 8, 2014

Recharging for a Day of Shopping - Lucca Bakery

This weekend started early (at least for me) and was pretty busy. When girlfriends come together you need the whole day to catch up on each other's busy lives. It doesn't matter if you saw them last month, last week, or even just two days ago.hahaha But seeing someone after more than a year? Now you'll need to hang out until the evening. What was supposed to be a lunch-ish date turned out to be an all day event, indeed. 


Hello girlfriends! 


So, we decided where to eat lunch first. As mentioned, we meant to meet up early so we all ended up skipping breakfast. But I had my obligatory morning cup of coffee, of course. (: That to me is enough to fuel me for a couple of hours or so but i, too was already feeling hungry.  Our first option was a no go. It's usually swamped that time of the day, plus it's weekend. 30 minutes of waiting to be seated just won't do. 

And then Pau remembered one pasta place somewhere in the upper levels. She vouched for the pastries but she hasn't tried their pastas. We decided now's the time we do, too. We ordered the Angel Hair pasta, Pesto, and Baked Ziti. They all tasted good and the servings justify the price. It's their baked ziti that surprised us, though, in a good way. (: it looked like a cross between lasagna and baked mac.hehe And the generous serving was more than I could handle alone even though I was hungry to begin with. 


Angel Hair P195, Pesto P245, and Baked Ziti P235


Now for the drinks, I normally just order coffee. Yeah, even at lunch time, and the hot ones at that. But because of the asar of being stuck in traffic yet again (it's a daily occurrence btw, hello it's Ortigas?), I felt that I needed a cold pick me upper instead. I had Mixed Berry and Opee had Frozen Nutella, yum! 


Smoothies: Frozen Nutella and Mixed Berry at P145


Obviously, there's no more room for desserts so I just took a snap of some of the baked goodies they offer. Also, we have a bazaar to go to and the chocolate festival to check out before Opee's other date.pssh I'll just have to come back here for the five layer chocolate cake, Bailey's cake, and their Mocha Bianca, can't wait. 


Menu: They have rice offerings under the All Day Breakfast listing. They also offer pizza, and at around P300 for tree people to share is not bad. But for now, they're still on our "must try" list. 








Lucca Bakery
4/F SM Megamall, Fashion Hall








No comments:

Post a Comment